Sandesh is one of the most popular sweets of Bengal. The procedure of making sandesh is too simple, and you just need two main ingredients to make this melt in mouth dessert. It is often made for pujas and other festivals, specially like Durga Puja. Sandesh is basically a sweet moist fudge made from chenna or paneer or cottage cheese. Must try this delicious and easy to make Bengali delicacy in this festive season.
Image : Sandesh
- Preparation Time : 1 hr
- Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 1 hr 10 minutes
- Makes : 4 sandesh
- Chenna or Cottage Cheese (150 gm) /Make chenna of 500 ml full fat milk [ You can read the entire process of How to Make Chenna here ]
- Powdered Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Rose Essence (2-3 drops)
Place Chenna on a plate
Knead for 3-4 minutes and add powdered sugar
Again knead for 3-4 minutes more and make a smooth dough
Put the mixture in a non stick pan
Cook for 10 minutes on low to medium heat
When done, add rose essence and knead again
Make small balls from the mixture and refrigerate for 1 hr, then serve
- Do not cook the chenna mixture more than 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have rose essence, you can also use green cardamom powder. In that case, add the cardamom powder while kneading the dough with sugar.