Coconut Barfi is a popular Bengali sweet that we use to make during this festive season. It’s a very easy to make recipe and takes only a few minutes to prepare. You just only need two main ingredients for this barfi, i.e. coconut and sugar. I feel Durga Puja is incomplete without these delicious and juicy coconut barfis.
Image : Coconut Barfi
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 20 minutes
- Makes : 9-10 barfis
- Grated Coconut (1 1/2 cup)
- Green Cardamom Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Ghee or Clarified Butter (to grease the pate)
To make the Sugar Syrup –
- Sugar (3/4 cup)
- Water (1/2 cup)
Take sugar and water in a pan
Boil and make a single string consistency sugar syrup
Add grated coconut
Mix with the syrup
After 5 minutes it starts to become thick
Add cardamom powder
Mix well and switch off the flame
Transfer the mixture on a greased plate
Cut them when still warm
Cut into squares
- When the coconut mixture is ready, act very fast and transfer the mixture on the greased plate immediately, or the mixture will become hard.
- Cut the barfis when the mixture is still warm, or it will be difficult to make pieces.
- You can also store them in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.