Coconut Dates Kheer or Nariyal ki Kheer is a soothing blend of milk and coconut with a flavour of sweet dates. It’s an Indian dessert, specially served in Indian festivals and pujas. This dessert is very easy to make, takes few minutes to cook and enough for satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s also a very good option for your after dinner dessert. For more Indian Dessert recipes, search here .
Image : Coconut Dates Kheer
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 35 minutes
- Serve For : 4-6
- Coconut (1 small size or 1 cup) /grated
- Milk (500 ml)
- Dates or Khajur (6-8) /without seeds
- Condensed Milk (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (3-4 tbsp)
- Almonds (1 tbsp for kheer, 1 tsp for garnishing) /chopped
- Cashew Nuts (1 tbsp) /chopped
- Raisins (1 tbsp)
- Cardamom (1/8 tsp) /crushed
Chop the dry fruits
Grate the coconut
Add grated coconut
Add chopped dates
Add chopped dry fruits
Add condensed milk
Add crushed cardamom
Your kheer is ready to serve
- You can also make this kheer by adding rice.
- Serve cold, not chilled.
- This kheer would thicken as it cools down.
- Keep stirring the kheer in between to prevent it from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.