Paneer Tikka Masala is a very popular North Indian Paneer recipe. It is a spicy gravy based preparation which pairs great with roti, naan, kulcha, paratha or jeera rice. In this recipe, which is essential is to balance in the flavour and taste. This is a restaurant style dish and always a hit among friends and family. There are few more versions of making paneer tikka masala, and this recipe is the easy stove top version of making this delicious curry. You can also search for more Paneer Recipes like Palak Paneer, Aloo Matar Paneer, Paneer Makhani, Hariyali Paneer, Paneer NO Butter Masala and many more.
Image : Paneer Tikka Masala
- Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Inactive : 3-4 hours or overnight
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 4 hours 40 minutes
- Serve For : 2-3
- Paneer or Cottage Cheese (150 gms) /cut into cubes
- Capsicum or Green Bell Pepper (1 small size) /diced
- Onion (1 medium size) /diced
- Tomato (1 big size) /diced
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp or to taste)
For Marination –
- Curd or Yogurt (1 cup)
- Corn Flour (1 tbsp)
- Ginger Paste (1 tsp)
- Garlic Paste (1 tsp)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (1 tbsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Dry Mango Powder or Amchur Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Black Pepper Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Carrom Seeds or Ajwain (1/2 tsp)
- Chaat Masala (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the onion, capsicum and tomato into square pieces. Cut the paneer into cubes.
- To marinate the paneer, in a big bowl take curd, corn flour, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, chaat masala, turmeric powder, ajwain and salt. Mix everything well.
- Add diced vegetables and paneer cubes into the marination and mix them well.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep it into the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours or for overnight. I did it for overnight.
- When the marination is done, heat butter in a pan and put the marinated paneer mixture into the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium to high flame.
- Meanwhile, add some sugar and mix it well with the curry.
- Then simmer for another 5-6 minutes or till the gravy thickens and you can see fat floating on the top. You can keep the consistency from medium to slightly thick.
- Give a final stir and switch off the flame.
In a bowl, take curd and corn flour
Take other ingredients mentioned above and mix well
Add diced vegetables
Add paneer cubes
Cover with a plastic wrap and put it into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours
After marination this how it looks like
Heat butter in a pan and add the mixture
Cook for 5 minutes on medium to high flame
Simmer for another 5 minutes
Switch off the flame
- If you want the curry in slightly thin consistency, then add some water to it.
- Serve hot with roti, naan, paratha or jeera rice.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .