Hariyali Paneer is cooked with some fresh green herbs and tastes quite different from the other paneer recipes. In this recipe, paneer cubes are cooked in the gravy of fragrant coriander and basil. It’s a very simple and easy to make recipe and beginners can also try this as a quick meal.
Image : Hariyali Paneer
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese (100 gm) [you can read the recipe of Paneer Here]
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (1 bunch)
- Fresh Basil Leaves (10-12)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Ginger (2 inches)
- Green Chilli (2)
- Green Bell Pepper or Capsicum (1 small)
- Onion (1 medium size)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Carom Seeds or Ajwain (1/8 tsp)
- Cut the paneer into cubes and keep aside.
- In a blender, add coriander leaves, green bell pepper, basil leaves, onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli, salt, sugar and some water. Grind them together for 10-15 seconds and make a smooth puree.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan and temper with some carom seeds.
- Then add the paneer cubes into the pan and fry them for a while.
- Add the ground paste into the pan and mix them well together.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on medium to high flame by stirring occasionally.
- You can add some water if you need.
- After 10 minutes the gravy will become thicker. By this time you can adjust salt as per your taste.
- Lastly add 1 more tbsp of butter and stir gently.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.
In a blender, add coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, green chilli
Green Bell Pepper, onion
Basil leaves, salt and sugar
Make a smooth puree
Heat butter in a pan
Add carom seeds or ajwain
Add paneer cubes
Fry for a while
Add the ground puree
Cook well on medium to high flame for 10 minutes
Stir and switch off the flame
- Serve with steamed rice or roti.