Paneer Makhani is a very popular Punjabi dish. This recipe is the traditional version of making Paneer Makhani. In this delicious recipe, soft Paneer or Cottage Cheese are cooked in rich and creamy tomato based gravy and will be enjoyed by everyone. Making this dish is quite easy. You can impress your family members by making this super delicious restaurant style dish at home. To know about more Paneer recipes, search here .
Image : Paneer Makhani
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : 50 minutes
- Serve For : 4
- Paneer or Cottage Cheese (200 gms)
- Vegetable Oil (2 tbsp)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Tomato (4 medium size)
- Bay Leaf (1)
- Shahi Jeera (1/8 tsp)
- Fennel Seeds or Saunf (1/8 tsp)
- Garlic (8 cloves)
- Onion (2 medium size) /sliced
- Dried Red Chilli (2) /without seeds
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cashew Nuts (10-12)
- Kasuri Methi or Dried Fenugreek Leaves (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Fresh Cream (1 tbsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Remove the seeds of dried red chilli and soak them in water.
- Cut the Paneer into thin cubes and lightly saute them in vegetable oil. Drain oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add 1 tbsp of butter. Add shahi jeera, fennel seeds and bay leaves into the pan.
- When they are releasing aroma, add 4 cloves of crushed garlic. Slightly saute them and add the sliced onion.
- Fry the onion until golden brown and add the soaked red chilli into the pan.
- When the onion becomes golden brown, add cubed tomatoes, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add salt, red chilli powder and cashew nuts. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add some water and cook until all the ingredients become tender and makes a thick gravy.
- Now switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down. Then add the mixture into a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Again heat pan and add 1 tbsp of butter. Add 4 cloves of crushed garlic into it and add the makhani gravy into the pan.
- Add kasuri methi, little water and sugar. Cook the gravy for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the sauted paneer pieces into the gravy. Cook for another 5 minutes, add 1 tbsp of fresh cream, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Your restaurant style Paneer Makhani is ready to serve.
Lightly saute the paneer cubes
Keep them aside
In the same oil, add butter
Add shahi jeera, fennel seeds and bay leaf
Add crushed garlic
Add sliced onion
Add dried red chilli and cook well
Add red chilli powder and salt
Add cashew nuts
Add some water
Make a thick gravy and switch off the flame
Put the mixture into a blender
Make a smooth paste
Again heat butter in a pan and add garlic
Add the makhani gravy
Add kasuri methi
Add some water
Add the paneer cubes
Add fresh cream
Your Paneer Makhani is ready to serve
- Serve hot with roti, paratha, naan or kulcha.