Paneer Kofta Curry is a traditional dish of North India. This paneer recipe has two separate parts, first make kofta with paneer and then make the rich and creamy gravy . It’s a dish where paneer or cottage cheese koftas are dipped in gravy made with onion and cashew paste. Whether you are looking for paneer kofta recipe to serve it as a snack or as a curry with gravy for sumptuous meal, this easy recipe will satisfy your needs and excite your palate. You can serch for more Paneer recipes here.
Image : Paneer Kofta Curry
- Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : 1 hr
- Makes : 15 -20 koftas
- Serve for : 4
For Kofta –
- Paneer or Cottage Cheese (200 gm) /grated
- Plain Flour (3 tbsp)
- Gram Flour (1 tbsp)
- Rice Flour (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Turmeric Powder (1 pinch)
For Gravy –
- Vegetable Oil (2 tbsp)
- Onion Paste (4 tbsp)
- Cashew Paste (3 tbsp)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Yogurt (1 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Butter (1 tsp)
For Making Kofta –
- Take grated paneer, plain flour or maida, rice flour, gram flour or besan, salt and turmeric powder into a bowl or plate. Now knead all the ingredients very well and make a dough.
- Make small golf size balls from the dough.
- Heat vegetable oil and deep fry the koftas until they become golden brown.
- When the koftas are done, soak them on absorbent paper and put aside.
For Making Gravy –
- In a bowl, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Make a smooth paste by adding water and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, put onion paste and fry for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add the spice mixture into the onion gravy and cook for few minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Cook the gravy till the raw smell of garlic has gone.
- Add cashew paste and cook until the gravy leaves oil from the edges.
- When the gravy is almost done, add sugar and 1 tbsp whisked yogurt and stir well.
- Lastly add some butter and add the koftas into the gravy. Give a stir gently and cook for 5 minutes. Your Paneer Kofta Curry is ready to serve.
Take grated paneer, plain flour, rice flour, gram flour, salt and turmeric powder into a bowl
Knead and make a dough
Make small golf size balls from the dough
Deep fry until they become golden brown
Keep them aside
Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder
Make a smooth paste by adding water
In the same oil add onion paste
Add spice mixture
Add ginger garlic paste
Add cashew paste
Add koftas and cook for 5 minutes
- Dont cook the gravy for long after adding the koftas.
- Serve with roti, paratha, steamed rice or fried rice.