Aloo Matar Paneer is a classic North Indian dish. This is an excellent and a mouth-watering side dish, which goes really well with roti, paratha, naan or kulcha. It doesn’t take too much time to cook and you can serve it as the main course in an exotic vegetarian meal.
Image : Aloo Matar Paneer
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve For : 3-4
- Paneer or Cottage Cheese (200 gms) /cubed
- Potato or Aloo (2 medium size) /cubed
- Onion (2 medium size) /finely chopped
- Peas or Matar (1 cup)
- Grated Ginger (1 tsp)
- Grated Garlic (1 tsp)
- Cumin Seeds (1 pinch)
- Bay Leaves (2)
- Cumin Powder (1 tsp)
- Ref Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Vegetable Oil (2-3 tbsp)
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the paneer cubes slightly. Drain oil and keep Aside.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds and bay leaves, wait for them to splutter.
- Add potato cubes in the oil and fry them for a while.
- Now add the chopped onions into the pan and cook them until the onions are caramelized.
- Add grated ginger and garlic, fry them until the raw smell of garlic has gone.
- Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt, mix all the spices well.
- Meanwhile, add the green peas and cook all the ingredients for 5-10 minutes on low to medium heat.
- After that, add water into the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sauted paneer cubes and sugar. Give a good stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Lastly when the gravy become thick, add garam masala powder and switch off the flame.
Saute the paneer cubes for a while
Keep them aside
Add cumin seeds and bay leaf in the same oil
Add potato cubes
Add chopped onion
Add grated ginger and garlic
Add cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt
Add green peas
Add paneer cubes
Add garam masala powder
Ready to serve
- Serve with Indian flat bread or pulao.