Custard is the most easiest dessert one can make and if we pair up this yummy sweet dish with fresh, sweet, juicy,nutritious Oranges, what can be better than this. This creamy custard with a splash of citrus flavour of orange can brighten your day. It’s a light and delicious dessert. You can also try few similar recipes like fruit custard, custard pudding etc .
Image : Orange Custard
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 20 minutes
- Serve For – 4
- Milk (1/2 ltr or 500 ml)
- Custard Powder (3 tbsp)
- Sugar (6 tbsp)
- Fresh Orange (2)
- Peel the oranges then separate the pulps gently and keep aside.
- Take 3 tbsp of custard powder into a bowl and add 1/2 cup of milk. Whisk to make a smooth paste and make sure no lumps will form.
- Boil rest of the milk into a saucepan by adding 6 tbsp of sugar. Stir and keep boiling until the sugar dissolves completely into the milk.
- Now take the saucepan out from the flame and add the custard paste into it. Keep stirring the milk constantly while adding the paste or it will form lumps in your custard.
- Put the saucepan again on flame and cook for 2-3 minutes, stir continuously to avoid forming lumps in the custard.
- Switch off the flame, after it comes to room temperature, refrigerate it. It will become more thick when cooled.
- In a serving bowl, place orange pulp, then layer with custard mix and again put a layer of orange pulp. Garnish with a piece of orange and cherry.
Add 3 tbsp custard powder in a bowl
Make a smooth paste
Boil milk by adding sugar
Boil until the sugar dissolves into milk
Take the saucepan out from the flame and add the custard paste
Keep stirring the milk constantly while adding the paste or it will form lumps in your custard
Put the saucepan again on flame and cook for 2-3 minutes
Separate pulp from oranges
Place pulp in a serving bowl
Then add custard mix and serve with orange piece and cherry
- While making the paste with custard powder, make sure the milk is cold.
- Add orange pulp only before serving
- Serve cold.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .
2 thoughts on “Orange Custard Recipe”
I tried your orange custard recipe few days back . Terrific ! absolutely a runaway hit. Congratulations.
thnx a lot … :)