Fruit Custard is one of the easiest dessert you could ever make. I usually make this dessert by using Brown & Polson Vanilla custard mix and trust me it always turns out as the best. You can also have this yummy dessert with dry fruits, jelly or caramel, but today I am making this with fresh fruits which are available in my pantry. You can also use several kinds of seasonal fruits like strawberry, cherry, papaya, mango, oranges, banana, pineapple, pomegranate and many more. Your kids will also love this and it is a nice way to include fruits in their diet.
Image : Fruit Custard
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Making Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 20 minutes
- Serve : 4 bowls
- Milk (1/2 ltr or 500 ml)
- Vanilla Custard Powder (2 1/2 tbsp)
- Sugar (4 tbsp)
- Mixed Fruits (anything of your choice) /strawberry, cherry, papaya, mango, oranges, banana, pineapple, pomegranate, kiwi, grapes, water melon, apple, pear etc.
- Take 2 1/2 tbsp of custard powder into a bowl and add 1/2 cup of milk. Whisk to make a smooth paste and make sure no lumps will form.
- Boil rest of the milk into a saucepan by adding 4 tbsp of sugar. Stir and keep boiling until the sugar dissolves completely into the milk.
- Now take the saucepan out from the flame and add the custard paste into it. Keep stirring the milk constantly while adding the paste or it will form lumps in your custard.
- Put the saucepan again on flame and cook for 2-3 minutes, stir continuously as to avoid forming lumps in the custard.
- Switch off the flame, after it comes to room temperature, refrigerate it. It will become more thick when cooled.
- Before serving, cut the fresh fruits of your choice and place into a serving bowl. Pour the cold custard on the top of it and serve.
Take custard powder mix
Put 2 1/2 tbsp of custard powder into a bowl
Make a smooth paste
Boil milk by adding sugar
Boil until the sugar dissolves into milk
Take the saucepan out from the flame and add the custard paste
Keep stirring the milk constantly while adding the paste or it will form lumps in your custard
Put the saucepan again on flame and cook for 2-3 minutes
Before serving cut fruits and place into serving bowl
Pour the cold custard on the top of it and serve
- While making the paste with custard powder, make sure the milk is cold.
- Add fruits only before serving.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .