If you are craving for something sweet yet easy dessert in this new years eve, nothing could be better than this Custard Pudding. You can also serve this dessert for your new years party and this will definitely not going to disappoint your guests. I usually make this dessert by using Brown & Polson Vanilla custard mix and trust me it always turns out as the best. You can also have this yummy dessert by adding dry fruits, jelly or caramel, but today I am making the basic one. You can also make fruit custard with custard powder.
Image : Custard Pudding
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 20 minutes
- Serve For : 4
- Milk (1/2 ltr or 500 ml)
- Vanilla Custard Powder (4 tbsp)
- Sugar (6 tbsp)
- Cherry /for garnishing
- Take 4 tbsp of custard powder into a bowl and add 1 cup of milk. Whisk to make a smooth paste and make sure no lumps will form.
- Boil rest of the milk into a saucepan by adding 6 tbsp of sugar. Stir and keep boiling until the sugar dissolves completely into the milk.
- Now take the saucepan out from the flame and add the custard paste into it. Keep stirring the milk constantly while adding the paste or it will form lumps in your custard.
- Put the saucepan again on flame and cook for 1 minute, stir continuously to avoid forming lumps in the custard.
- Switch off the flame, and put the mixture into moulds. Set them first in room temperature for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Before serving take them out from refrigerator and gently place on a plate from the mould.
- Serve cold.
Take instant custard mix
Add 4 tbsp custard powder in a bowl
Add 1 cup milk
Make a smooth paste
Boil milk by adding sugar
Boil until the sugar dissolves into milk
Take the saucepan out from the flame and add the custard paste
Keep stirring the milk constantly while adding the paste or it will form lumps in your custard
Put the saucepan again on flame and cook for 2-3 minute
While done put the mixture into moulds and set for 1-2 hours in refrigerator
- While making the paste with custard powder, make sure the milk is cold.
- You can also mix dry fruits while putting the mixture into moulds.
- Serve cold.