Moong Dal Halwa is a classic Indian Dessert. This halwa is a very popular Rajasthani delicacy. In each and every festivals of India, sweet dishes plays a very important role in every household. We all know that making Moong Dal Halwa is a very time-consuming and tiring process as it takes around 2-3 hours to make the authentic halwa, but in this recipe, we are making this halwa within 40 minutes of cooking with some easy tricks.
Image : Moong Dal Halwa
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : 55 minutes
- Serve For : 4
- Yellow Moong Dal or Split Yellow Gram (250 gm)
- Ghee or Clarified Butter (1 cup)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Water (1 cup)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Cardamom Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Almonds (15) /chopped
- Yellow Food Colour (few drops) /optional
Soak moong dal for 4 hours
Put it into a blender
Blend, and add some water
Again blend and make a smooth puree
Put the puree on a cotton cloth
Squeeze out all the water and make the mixture dry
Add ghee in a heavy bottomed pan
Add the dal mixture and start stirring it
It takes little more effort in the first 5 minutes
After 5 minutes
After 10 minutes
After 15 minutes
After 20 minutes add milk
Mix well and cook for 5 minutes
After 5 minutes, add sugar
Add food colour
Lastly add cardamom powder
Chopped Almonds. Mix well and serve
- Do not forget to stir the halwa constantly while cooking.
- Squeezing out water will help the halwa cook faster.
- You can skip the step of adding food colour.
- Serve hot.