Ghee Rice is a very easy and simple preparation. In this recipe, boiled basmati rice are tossed with some dry fruits and some other aromatic Indian spices. This rice preparation smells and tastes delicious and a perfect choice for your main course. You can also search for some more Rice Recipes like Fried Brown Rice, Sweet Saffron Rice, Onion Rice, Bengali Pulao, Chicken Biryani and many more.
Image : Ghee Rice
- Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Boiled Basmati Rice (4 cups)
- Ghee or Clarified Butter (2 tbsp)
- Cashew Nuts and Raisins (2 tbsp)
- Cardamom Pods (3)
- Mace or Javitri Strands (3-4)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (4 tbsp)
- Nutmeg or Jaiphal Powder (1/4 tsp)
- At first, boil rice and drain the excess starch. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cardamom pods and javitri strands into the ghee and fry for a while.
- Then add soaked cashew nuts and raisins into the pan and saute until all the raisins are puffed up and the cashew nuts become golden brown in colour.
- Meanwhile, add some salt and give a stir.
- When the dry fruits are fried well, add boiled basmati rice into the pan, give a good stir and mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add sugar. Stir well and let the sugar melt on medium heat.
- Then add nutmeg powder and give a final stir. Cook for 3-4 minutes more on low heat and then switch off the flame.
- Your Ghee Rice is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any type of veg or non veg curry.