Brown Rice is whole grain rice. It has a mild, nutty flavor, and is chewier and more nutritious than white rice. Brown rice and white rice have similar amounts of calories and carbohydrates. The main differences between the two forms of rice lie in processing and nutritional content. We can have this as a healthy meal when its steamed but we can also make this in various delicious way. Today we will make Sweet Fried Brown Rice which you can have with Chilli Chicken, Chilli Fish or any type of spicy curry.
Image : Sweet Fried Brown Rice – Veg Brown Rice
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Serve for : 2
- Brown Rice (1 cup)
- Water (4 cups)
- Clarified Butter [ Ghee] (2 tbsp)
- Carrots (1 small size) /cut into small cubed
- Capsicum (1 small size) /cut into small cubes
- Green Beans (1/2 cups) /cut into small pieces
- Green Chilli (1) /chopped
- Cashew Nuts (1 tbsp)
- Raisin (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (3 tbsp)
Boil the rice and put them aside.
Add Ghee into the pan.
Add all the vegetables.
Add in Cashew and Raisins.
Add boiled Rice.
At last add Ghee.
- Do not boil the rice more than 15 minutes or it will become mushy.
- Do not cook for so long or stir frequently after adding the rice into the vegetables.
- Serve this hot with any type of Chinese dish or spicy curry.