Chilli Fish is a famous Indo-chinese recipe. It is very rich in gravy/dry and very tasty dish. Chilli Fish is one of the most sought after Indian Chinese dish. Made with fillet of Bhetki or any boneless sea fish, chilli fish makes excellent finger snack with drinks, also can be served as a side dish with Asian main course of rice or noodles.
Image : Chilli Fish Recipe
- Serve for- 2
- Preparation Time- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time- 30 minutes
- Total Time- 45 minutes
- Boneless Fish (200 gms)/cut into cubes
- Sunflower Oil (4 tbsp) /for cooking
- Mustard oil (1 tsp) /for marination
- All Purpose Flour[Maida] (2 tsp)
- Egg (1)
- Onion (1 medium-sized)/cut into cubes
- Capsicum or bell pepper (1/2 cup) /cut into cubes
- Tomato (1 medium size) /cut into cubes
- Green Beans (2 tbsp) /cut into small pieces
- Green Chillis (1) /chopped
- Ginger (1/2 tsp)/ cut into sticks
- Garlic (4 cloves)/ chopped
- Soya Sauce (2 tbsp)
- Chilli Garlic Sauce (1 tsp)
- Tomato ketchup (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander (1 tsp) /chopped/for garnishing
- Spring Onion (1 tsp) /chopped/for garnishing
- To start, first cut the boneless fishes into cubes and marinate them with egg, mustard oil, a pinch of salt and soya sauce for 30 minutes.
- After the marination has been done, put 2 tsp of all-purpose flour into the marination and mix them very well.
- Now heat a pan and put sunflower oil. When the oil is hot put marinated fish cubes one by one and fry them on a medium heat until they become golden brown.
- When its done drain the oil and set them aside.
- Now put the onions in the oil and saute them for few minutes. When the onions start to turn pink, add the green beans, tomato, capsicum, sliced ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chillis. Fry them for 4 -5 minutes.
- Its time to add the Ginger-garlic paste and stir them very well on a high flame. Sprinkle some salt to taste and mix well.
- After all the vegetables are cooked, pour in soya sauce, chilli garlic sauce and tomato sauce in the mixture and cook for a while.
- Meanwhile add half a tea spoon of sugar and give a stir.
- Add the fried fishes and mix them very well with the sauce and cook until the sauce thickens and coats the fish.
- Put off the flame and put it on a serving plate. Garnish it with some ginger stick, sliced onions, chopped coriander and chopped spring onion and your dish is ready to serve.
- You can use Chilli Sauce instead of Garlic- chilli sauce
- Serve Chilli Fish with Fried Rice or Noodles.