Coconut Paneer is a very easy to make and delicious Indian curry. In this recipe, soft Paneer pieces are cooked in rich coconut and mustard base gravy. The use of coconut and mustard together gives the curry a sweet and spicy taste which gives your taste buds a different flavour. This paneer dish goes really well with hot steamed rice, or you can also serve this with roti or naan.
Image : Coconut Paneer
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve For : 2
To prepare the Coconut puree –
- Grated Coconut (1/2 cup)
- Poppy Seeds or Posto (1 tbsp)
- White Mustard Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Black Mustard Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Green Chilli (1)
- Salt (to taste)
To prepare the Curry –
- Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese (150 gm) [You can read the entire process of How to make Paneer at home here]
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Grated Coconut (1 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Soak poppy seeds in hot water for 1 hour to make them soft.
- To prepare the puree, put grated coconut, soaked poppy seeds, white mustard seeds, black mustard seeds, salt and green chilli into a blender.
- Grind and make a smooth puree.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add the ground puree into the pan and stir well. Add some water.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and sugar into the mixture and cook for 5-8 minutes on medium heat.
- When oil oozing out from the sides of the pan, add paneer cubes into the gravy.
- Gently stir the curry and cook for another 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Lastly add 1 tbsp of grated coconut. Mix well and switch off the flame.
Into a blender, add grated coconut
Add white and black mustard seeds
Add soaked poppy seeds
Add salt and green chilli
Grind and make a smooth puree
Heat oil in a pan
Add the ground puree
Add turmeric powder
Add red chilli powder
Add sugar and cook for 8-10 minutes
Add paneer and cook for 5 minutes
Lastly add grated coconut, mix well and switch off the flame
- Serve with steamed rice, roti or naan.