Mooli Paratha is shallow fried Indian bread belonging to Punjabi cuisine. This recipe is the simple and homemade version to make this yummy paratha. This is one of the popular paratha recipe throughout India. You can also make these parathas by stuffing them with grated mooli. But this one is the simpler version. Try them with some pickle or raita, it tastes fabulous.
Image : Mooli Paratha
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time :10 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Makes : 4 parathas
- Mooli or White Radish (1 cup) /grated
- Wheat Flour or Atta (1 cup)
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (1/2 cup)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Dry Mango Powder or Amchur Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- White Oil (1 tsp)
- Water (as much needed to knead the dough)
- Ghee or Clarified Butter (For shallow frying the parathas)
- Take wheat flour, red chilli powder, cumin powder, amchur powder and salt in a big bowl. Drizzle some oil and mix with your fingers.
- Then add grated mooli and chopped coriander leaves into the bowl. Make a soft dough by kneading with a little amount of water. [You do not have to use lots of water to make the dough because grated mooli have already plenty of water in it].
- Now divide the dough into four equal size balls.
- Take some wheat flour in a flat plate for coating and dusting dough balls. Coat the upper surface with dry wheat flour and transfer it to rolling board.
- Roll it out into a circle and give it a round shape.
- Heat tawa on high flame and put the paratha on the hot tawa and cook until small bubbles appear on top.
- Then flip the paratha and apply some ghee on it. Flip again and cook the other side by applying some more ghee.
- Cook until light golden brown spots appear on them.
- When done, transfer it on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
Take all the ingredients into a big bowl mentioned above
Add grated muli and coriander leaves
Make a soft dough by adding little amount of water
Divide into four portions
Coat with flour and place on a rolling board
Roll it out into a circle and give it a round shape
Place on a hot tawa
Flip and apply some ghee on it
Flip again and cook until light brown spots appear on them
When done, transfer on absorbent paper
- Serve hot with pickle, raita, plain curd or any dry curry.
- Make sure the tawa is hot before you put the paratha on it.
You can also search for more Vegetarian Recipes or Paratha like Matar Paratha , Gobi Paratha.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .