Gobi Paratha (Cauliflower Paratha) is a popular North Indian flat bread. This paratha is fill with the flavour of cauliflower and spices. There are some variations of making this paratha. You can stuff the parathas with grated cauliflower and then shallow fry them. Here I am showing you the easier version of making Gobi Paratha. Just mix all the ingredients, knead and make tasty paratha within few minutes.
Image : Gobi Paratha
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Wheat Flour or Atta (1 cup)
- Grated Cauliflower (1 cup)
- Grated Ginger (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp or to taste)
- Green Chilli (1) /chopped
- Coriander Leaves (2 tbsp) /finely chopped
- Oil (1 tbsp for the dough)
- Water (as much needed to knead a dough)
- Ghee or Oil for shallow frying
- Wash and soak the cauliflower florets in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Drain water and put them into a grinder and make a coarse mixture. You can also grate the cauliflower florets with grater.
- In a big bowl add wheat flour, grated cauliflower, red chilli powder, grated ginger, salt, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil and start mixing them with your fingers and make a crumble like consistency.
- Now by adding water in portions, knead a smooth and soft dough. Sprinkle some wheat flour over the dough and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal size balls.
- Take some wheat flour in a flat plate for coating and dusting dough balls. Coat the upper surface with dry wheat flour and transfer it to rolling board.
- Roll it out into a circle and give it a round shape.
- Heat tawa on medium heat and add 1 tsp of oil or ghee. Put the paratha over the tawa and cook until small bubbles appear on top.
- Flip and spread 1/2 teaspoon oil evenly around its circular edge and shallow fry both sides until light golden brown spots appear on them.
- When done, transfer it on an absorbent paper and enjoy.
Add wheat flour and grated cauliflower into a big bowl
Add red chilli powder, grated ginger, salt and green chilli
Add chopped coriander leaves
Mix with you finger and make crumble
Knead a soft dough by adding water in portions
Dust with some flour and let it rest for 15 minutes
Divide the dough into 4 equal portions
Coat with flour and place on a rolling board
Roll it out into a circle and give it a round shape
Put 1 tsp of oil over tawa and fry the paratha
After one side is done, flip and cook the other side
Fry until light golden brown spots appear on them
When done, transfer on absorbent paper
- Serve hot with pickle, raita, plain curd or any dry curry.