Potato Egg Sandwich is a tasty wholesome idea of breakfast or quick snack. It has the goodness of egg and the deliciousness of potato. For all the potato lovers like me, it will be a great start of your day with this tasty potato egg sandwich.
Image : Potato Egg Sandwich
- Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 50 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Potato (2 medium size)
- Egg (2) /hard-boiled
- Bread Slices (4)
- Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil (2 tbsp)
- Butter (2-3 tbsp)
- Cumin Seeds (2 pinch) /for tempering
- Onion (1 medium size) /chopped
- Tomato (1 small size) /chopped
- Grated Ginger (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (2 tbsp)
- At first, boil the potatoes and mash them by adding some salt to it.
- Boil 2 eggs and chop them roughly. Keep it aside.
- Now, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Temper with some cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions into the pan and saute them until it becomes caramelized.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and grated ginger into the pan. Saute for 5-7 minutes on medium to high flame.
- Meanwhile, add cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to it. Fry until all the spices are cooked well.
- Then add the mashed potatoes into the pan and mix well with the onion masala.
- When it mixes well, lastly add chopped coriander leaves and give it a good stir to mix everything together. Our potato filling is ready.
- Now take the bread slices and evenly spread butter on them.
- Then spread the potato filling on one side of the bread.
- Spread another layer of chopped boiled eggs over the bread.
- When your stuffing is ready cover the bread slice with the other one.
- Now grease your sandwich griller with a little bit of butter and put the sandwiches on it and close tightly.
- When your grilled sandwiches are ready take them out from the griller and cut them into halves.
- Your Potato Egg Sandwich is ready to serve.
- If you don’t have sandwich griller, then you can also make them on tawa.
- Serve these crispy sandwiches hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.