Green Mango Chutney or Kancha Aamer Chutney is an authentic Bengali chutney recipe and it has an essential part of the multi-course Bengali meal. It’s a wonderful way to end the meal in summer. It has sweet, sourly, spicy taste and sticky consistency. This refreshing mango chutney will make your taste buds tingle in an instant.
Image : Green Mango Chutney
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve For : 6-8
- Raw Mango or Kancha Aam (2) /cut into thick slices
- Mustard Seeds (1 tsp)
- Dry Red Chilli (1)
- Salt (1/2 tsp or to taste)
- Turmeric Powder (a pinch)
- Sugar (6-8 tbsp or to taste, it should be sweet enough)
- Mustard Oil (1 tbsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
For Dry Roasted Spices –
- Cumin Seeds or Jeera (1 tbsp)
- Whole Coriander Seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Fennel Seeds or Mouri (1/2 tsp)
- Black Pepper Corn (5-6)
Cut the mangos into slices
Dry roast the whole spices
Grind them coarsely
Add mustard seeds and dried red chilli into hot oil
Add mango slices
Add salt and turmeric powder
Add roasted spices
Cook until the chutney becomes thick
- Do not mash the mangoes completely, we want some soft mango chunks in our chutney.
- Serve after meal.
- You can store the chutney over 1 week.