Cauliflower is a vegetable, that you can cook in different variations, and Cauliflower with curd is a kind of combination, which tastes great. This dish is cooked with less spices, so its healthy also.
Image : Cauliflower With Yogurt Gravy
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 35 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Cauliflower (1 small size) /cut into small pieces and boiled
- Curd (2 cups)
- Vegetable Oil (4 tbsp)
- Peas (2 tbsp)
- Mustard Seeds (1 tsp) /for tempering
- Red Chilli Powder ( 1 tsp)
- Green chilli (1 tsp) /chopped
- Gram Flour or Besan (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Take a small saucepan, add water and salt in it. Now boil water and add Cauliflower pieces into boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, then put off the flame and soak them for another 10 minutes. Drain the water and let them cool.
- Now take a bowl and add Curd, Red chilli powder, Salt and Gram Flour. Mix all the ingredients very well and make a batter.
- In a deep pan heat 4 tbsp of oil, when the oil heated, dip the cauliflower pieces into the batter and put them into the oil. Fry until they become slightly brown. Now take them out from the pan and set aside.
- Now prepare another mixture in a bowl. Mix Curd, Red chilli powder, Salt, Peas and chopped Green chillis into a bowl, mix them and put them aside.
- Take another heavy bottom pan and add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
- Then add the curd mixture into oil and add water immediately, stir them well on low heat.
- After 3 minutes add the fried cauliflower and cook them for 5-10 minutes on a medium heat.
- When almost done add sugar and mix well.
- When the gravy coats the cauliflower and leaves oil, your dish is ready.
Make a batter with Curd, Red chilli powder, Salt and Gram flour
Dip the Cauliflower pieces into batter
Put them aside
Mix Curd, Red cilli powder, Peas, Salt and Chopped Green chillis in a bowl
Add Oil and mustard seeds in a heavy bottom pan
Add Curd mixture and water and stir immediately
Add Cauliflower pieces
When the mixture leaves oil, your dish is ready to serve
- Do not fry the Curd in the oil without adding water.
- Serve the dish with roti, paratha or steamed rice.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .