Cabbage is a vegetable with which we can make a variety of dishes. It takes a few minutes to cook yet tastes yummy. This leafy vegetable is eaten all over the world and it stays fresh for a long time. To make this particular recipe, you only need a few ingredients and believe me, it will turn out to be quite delicious .
Image : Spicy Cabbage Curry With Mustard Sauce
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Serve for : 2
- Cabbage (1 small size or 2 cups) /shredded
- Potato (1 small size) /cubed
- Mustard paste (2 tbsp)
- Mustard Sauce (1 tbsp)
- Fenugreek Seeds or Methi ( 1/8 tsp) /for tempering
- Red Chilli Powder ( 1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard Oil (2 tbsp)
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- When the oil is heated add fenugreek seeds and wait for them to splutter.
- Then add the cubed potato pieces and fry them on medium to high flame until they become golden brown and half-cooked.
- Meanwhile add salt and stir. It will help the potato pieces to cook faster.
- Now add the shredded cabbages into the pan and stir them very well.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix with the cabbages and cook until all the ingredients become soft and cooked.
- Its time to add the mustard paste and mustard sauce into the mixture.
- Mix evenly and add sugar. Then cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
Add fenugreek seeds into the oil
Add potato cubes
Add turmeric powder
Add red chilli powder
Add mustard sauce
Add mustard paste
Lastly add sugar
- Do not cook the dish for too long after adding mustard paste, or it will taste bitter.
- Serve as a side dish with steamed rice.