This recipe is a very simple and easy way of making One Pot Rajma Masala. Rajma or Kidney Beans Curry is a famous North Indian dish that is made very often in Punjabi households. This is the must have dish in every Punjabi family. The only time-consuming part of this recipe is to soak the rajma or kidney beans. You just have to put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker, and your rajma masala will be ready within just 40 minutes. You can also search for more Punjabi or Vegetarian Recipes like Punjabi Rajma Masala, Malai Kofta, Chana Masala, Lauki Kofta Curry, Hariyali Paneer and many more.
Image : Rajma Recipe
- Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 40 minutes
- Total Time : 1 hr
- Serve For : 2-3
- Rajma or Kidney Beans (1 cup) /any variety
- Tomato (2 big size) /finely chopped
- Onion (1 big size) /finely chopped
- Chopped Ginger (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped Garlic (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped Green Chilli (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Cumin Seeds (1/4 tsp)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Rajma Masala (1 heaped tsp)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Water (2.5 cups)
Soak rajma for 9-10 hours
After soaking drain water and put it into a pressure cooker
Add chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, ginger, garlic, butter
Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder cumin seeds
Add 2.5 cups of water and stir well
Pressure cook it for 20-22 whistle
Rajma should be cooked and boiled well
Put the cooker again on heat, add rajma masala
ad garam masala powder
let it simmer on medium heat until the gravy thickens
Mash few beans to thicken the gravy
Now the gravy is thick
Switch off the flame
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, use big pot to cook the rajma, but it would take a lot of time to cook the rajma in a pot.
- Make sure that the rajma is soaked well or else it will take a lot of time to cook.
- The consistency of the gravy should be thick and smooth, not watery or broth like.
- Serve Rajma Masala with roti or rice.