For the food and vegetable lovers, winter season is all about fresh and colorful vegetables, and I love to make Mixed Veg Curry with these yummy looking veggies in this season. Vegetables are also very healthy for us, and if you cook them in a healthy way, also with a colorful look, you don’t have to convince your kids to eat this delicious Mixed Vegetable Curry. You can also check my other recipes with vegetables here .
Image : Mixed Vegetable Curry
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 45 minutes
- Total Time : 1 hr
- Serve For : 4
- Potato (1 big size)
- Carrot (1 medium size)
- Radish (1 medium size)
- Onion (1 big size) /sliced
- Capsicum (1 medium size)
- Spring Onion (2 tbsp) /chopped
- Cumin Seeds (1/4 tsp) /for tempering
- Cumin Powder (1 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Coriander (2 tbsp) /chopped
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
- First, cut and clean all the vegetables with fresh water and dry them.
- In a pan, heat oil. When the oil is heated, add cumin seeds and wait for them to splutter.
- Then add potato slices into the oil and stir them for a while.
- When the potatoes are become light brown, add carrot and radish slices into the pan and fry them for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add turmeric powder and salt, stir well.
- After 5-7 minutes add rest of the vegetables, i.e. capsicum and onion slices. Mix them with other ones well.
- It’s time to add the spices, add cumin powder and red chilli powder, mix and fry everything for 10 minutes on low heat.
- When the vegetables are cooked partially, add 1/2 cup of water and stir. Sprinkle chopped spring onion and cover the pan with a lead for 15 minutes on low heat.
- After 15 minutes, put the lead off and stir the vegetables gently.
- Meanwhile, add sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add chopped coriander and switch off the flame.
Add cumin seeds into hot oil
Add potato sliced
Add carrot and radish slices
Add turmeric powder
Add sliced onion and capsicum
Add cumin powder
Add red chilli powder
Sprinkle spring onion
Add water and cover the pan with a lead for 15 minutes
Lastly add sugar
Add chopped coriander
- Do not over cook the vegetables, or the curry becomes mushy.
- Serve with roti or paratha.