This Macaroni and Cheese or the famous Mac ‘n’ Cheese recipe is traditionally an Italian dish. Personally I love the flavour and taste of this dish, and tried to make this super yummy recipe with a comparatively simple way. It may not be the traditional manner, but the taste is exactly the same. If you can add some black olives and chicken chunks to this recipe, it tastes exactly like Dominos Pasta Italiano. So try this super yummy and popular dish at your home by following few easy steps.
Image : Macaroni and Cheese with White Sauce
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Macaroni (1 cup) /boiled
- Grated Cheese (3-4 tbsp) /preferred Parmesan Cheese
To make the White Sauce –
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Plain Flour or Maida (2 tbsp)
- Milk (1 1/2 cup)
- Sweet Corn (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (few pinch)
- Dried Oregano (1/4 tsp)
- Dried Parsley (1/4 tsp)
- Dried Basil (1/4 tsp)
- Chilli Flakes (1/4 tsp)
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling water by adding some salt and olive oil for 6-10 minutes or according to packet instructions (different brands may vary in size & cooking times) until al dente.
- Drain water and keep aside.
- To make the white sauce, take a pan and add butter. When the butter is melted, add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined.
- Now add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, add sweet corns and mix them with the sauce.
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flacks and all the dried herbs into the sauce. Mix them evenly with the sauce.
- Then add the boiled macaroni into the sauce. Fold them gently and switch off the flame.
- Put the macaroni mixture into a microwave proof bowl. Cover with a layer of grated cheese and bake for 2 minutes on high.
- Serve hot.
Add butter into a pan
When the butter is melted, add plain flour or maida
Stir until the butter and flour are well combined
Add corns and mix well
Add salt, pepper powder, chilli flakes, oregano, parsley and basil
Mix them evenly
Add boiled pasta
Coat them well
Place them into a microwave proof bowl
Cover with a layer of grated cheese
Bake for 2 minutes on high
- Here I am using frozen corns, if you are using fresh sweet corns, then boil them for a while before adding into the sauce.
- You can also add black olives or chicken chunks as topping.
- Serve hot.