Chicken cooked in green papaya is a very healthy and low-calorie chicken curry recipe. Its a nice and light dish for your kids also. Green Papaya Chicken Curry is a dish where chicken pieces are cooked in minced green papaya gravy and it tastes great. For more chicken recipe, search here .
Image : Green Papaya Chicken Curry
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Chicken (400 gm)
- Green Papaya (4 tbsp) /paste
- Onion (2 medium size)
- Garlic (6-8 cloves)
- Ginger (3 inch piece)
- Green Chilli (2)
- Coriander Powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Tomato (1 small size)
- Yogurt or Curd (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Butter (1/2 tsp)
- Vegetable oil or Olive Oil (1/2 tbsp)
- Wash the chicken pieces well, keep aside.
- Take 1 onion, garlic cloves, ginger piece in a blender, make a paste. Slice another onion and set aside.
- Cut the green papaya into pieces. Make a paste into blender.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with onion paste, papaya paste, yogurt, coriander powder, chopped green chilli, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt, finely chopped tomatoes and 1 tsp olive oil for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add sliced onion and saute for a while.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. When the onion turned to golden brown, add the marinated chicken into the pan.
- Stir the chicken into pan very well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now cover the pan with a lead and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- After that, take off the lead and cook until the chicken pieces become soft and tender. By this time you can also add some water if necessary.
- When the gravy becomes thick, add sugar and butter. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
Marinate the chicken pieces with the ingredients mentioned above
Saute onion slices
Add turmeric powder and salt
Add the marinated chicken
Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Serve hot with steamed rice, roti or naan.