Vanilla Rice Pudding is a creamy classic dessert which you can serve within an hour. This rice pudding is full of rich vanilla flavour and a sweet ending of any meal. You can serve this delicious dessert along with poori (deep-fried bread) or with some fresh fruits for a change. Adding fresh fruits will give a twist of taste into the dessert. For more Dessert recipes, search here .
Image : Vanilla Rice Pudding
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : 50 minutes
- Serve For : 4-6
- Gobindobhog Chal or Basmati Rice (1/2 cup)
- Milk (800 ml – 1 ltr)
- Sugar (6 – 8 tbsp or to taste)
- Vanilla Extract (1/2 tsp)
- Fresh Fruits (for garnishing) / [here I have used pomegranate, you can also add apple, grapes, kiwi, strawberry, cherry etc.]
Add soaked rice
Add vanilla extract
Pudding is ready to serve
- Always add the sugar in the end.
- Allow it to cool, refrigerate and serve chilled.
- This pudding would thicken as it cools down.
- Keep stirring the pudding in between to prevent it from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- You can also use basmati rice or jeera rice instead of gobindobhog.
- You can also add some cream for extra creamy texture.