Dahi Puri or Dahi Phuchka is a very popular and tasty Indian chat made of yogurt and crispy puris. There are many variations of this extremely spicy yet sweet mouth-watering snack all around the country. You’ll have to work quickly with this dish since the yogurt and other chutneys we use can make it turn soggy very quickly.
Image : Dahi Phuchka
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Making Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Serve : 2 plates / 15 puris
- Puri or Golgappa (15) /homemade or you can also buy from store
- Yogurt or Dahi (1/4 cup) /thick
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Potato (2 medium size) /boiled and mashed
- Onion (1 medium size) /chopped
- Green Chilli (2) /chopped
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (2 tbsp) /chopped
- Dried Mango Powder or Amchur Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Green Chutney (4 tbsp)
- Tamarind Pulp or Imli ka Pani (4 tbsp)
- Chat Masala (1/4 tsp)
- Black Salt or Kala Namak (to taste)
- Sev or Fried Chickpea Noodles or Bhujia (4 tbsp)
- Take yogurt into a bowl, add salt, cumin powder and sugar. Mix well to form smooth mixture.
- Boil potatoes, peal and mash them very well.
- Now into the mashed potato, add chopped onion, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves, salt, amchur powder and red chilli powder. Mix everything very well to make the filling of the puris.
- Make small holes in the middle of the Puris using your finger and place them on a plate.
- Pour the potato filling into each puris and then fill them with yogurt mixture.
- Then one by one spread the green chutney, tamarind pulp, over the puris.
- Sprinkle some chat masala over them.
- Garnish the puris with sev, sprinkle some black salt and your dahi puri is ready to serve.
Add cumin powder, sugar and salt into yogurt
Mix well to form smooth mixture
Mash boiled potatoes
Add chopped onion, coriander and green chilli into mashed potatoes
Add amchur powder
Add red chilli powder
Mix everything very well to make the filling of the puris
Make small holes in the middle of the Puris using your finger and place them on a plate
Fill with potato filling and yogurt one by one
Spread green chutney
Spread tamarind pulp
Sprinkle chat masala
Sprinkle black salt
- Be gentle while making hole in the puris, or they will break easily.