Chana Chaat is a very quick snack recipe to satisfy your sudden craving for street food kind of brunch. It’s an oil free chaat that works as a great salad too. You can use either black chickpeas, green chana or kabuli chana to make this chaat. Here I have also used boiled potato to increase the taste of the chaat, but you can simply skip that step and can adjust the spices as per your taste.
Image : Chana Chaat Recipe
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Making Time : 5 minutes
- Total Time : 15 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Boiled White Chickpeas (1 cup)
- Boiled Potato (1 medium size)
- Onion (1 medium size) /finely chopped
- Tomato (1 medium size) /finely chopped
- Green Chilli (2) /finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (2 tbsp) /chopped
- Roasted Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chaat Masala (1 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Black Pepper Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Dried Mango Powder or Amchur Powder (1 tsp)
- Black Salt (to taste)
- Lemon Juice (2 tsp)
- Soak the chickpeas for 8-9 hours.
- Once they are soaked, drain water and pressure cook them for 6-7 minutes. [Here I have used canned boiled white chickpeas, you can buy from any supermarket.]
- Boil the potato and cut into small cubes.
- Now in a large bowl, take boiled chickpeas and boiled potato.
- Add chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, salt and all the dry spices. Mix all the ingredients very well with a spatula.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice into the chaat and give a good mix.
- Serve your Chana Chaat fresh or chilled.
Put boiled potato and boiled chickpeas into a large bowl
Add chopped onion and tomato
Add all the spices
Add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice
- The spice powders, black salt, green chilies and lemon juice can be adjusted as per your taste preferences.
- You can also add some crushed pani puri or papri into your chaat before serving.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .