Thandai is a very famous cool drink of North India. This drink is also very popular for our Indian Holi festival. There are a lot of variations of Thandai, and the main ingredients of this Badam Thandai recipe is milk, almond and kesar. You can have this anytime to beat the heat of summer.
Image : Badam Thandai
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve : 1 glass
- Milk (2 cups)
- Almond Paste (2 tbsp)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Saffron Strands or Kesar (few pinch) /soaked in milk
- Cardamom Powder (1/8 tsp)
- Pistachios (for garnishing)
- Blanch 20 almonds for 2 minutes and remove the skin. Make a smooth paste in blender.
- Soak few strands of saffron in 2 tbsp of milk. Keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of milk in a pan. Wait for a boil.
- Now add sugar and boil the milk until the sugar dissolves completely into the milk.
- Then add almond paste and mix with the milk very well. You have to stir the milk constantly this time.
- When the almond paste mixed with the milk evenly, add the saffron soaked milk into the pan. Stir well.
- After that, add cardamom powder and boil the milk for another 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- When done, switch off the flame and strain the milk through a sieve.
- You can have the almond milk hot, or allow it to cool down for 30 minutes in room temperature, and then refrigerate it for 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and saffron strands.
Peal the skin of almond and soak saffron strands in milk
Add almond paste
Add saffron soaked milk
Add cardamom powder
When done, switch off the flame
Strain through a sieve
Let it cool down
- While serving you can also add crushed ice.
- Taste best, when chilled.