Til ki Chutney is a Maharashtrian delicacy. It’s a very spicy and delicious preparation which you can also have as a dip with various snacks. Serve this chutney with the topping of chopped onion with rice and daal, or have it just like that. Enjoy this simple and yummy recipe.
Image : Til ki Chutney
- Preparation Time : 5 minutes
- Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Total Time : 10 minutes
- Serve : 1 small bowl
- White Sesame Seeds or Til (50 grms)
- Green Chilli (4)
- Cumin Seeds (a pinch)
- Garlic (6-8 cloves)
- Tamarind Paste (1 tbsp) /or you can use fresh tamarind pulp
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (a pinch)
- Water (2 tbsp)
- Dry roast the sesame seeds for 3-4 minute on low flame until become golden brown in colour and realising aroma.
- Let them cool down for few minutes.
- Now put the roasted sesame seeds into a blender and add slit green chillies, cumin seeds, garlic cloves, tamarind paste, salt and sugar one by one.
- Add water and blend all the ingredients for 1-2 minutes and make a fine paste.
- Your Til ki Chutney is ready to serve.
Dry roast the sesame seeds
Until golden brown
Put into a blender
Add slit green chilli, garlic cloves and cumin seeds
Add tamarind paste, salt and sugar
Add 2 tbsp water
Blend and make a paste
- You can add chilli as per your taste.
- You can also store this chutney for 3-4 days in refrigerator.