Semolina Halwa is a very popular easy to make sweet dish in India. It has a mouthwatering test and texture. Its one of my personal favorite sweet dish. Indian kitchens are incomplete without Suji ka Halwa. Today I am giving you my own recipe of making this delicious dish.
Image : Suji ka Halwa – Semolina Halwa Preparation
- Serve for- 2
- Preparation Time- 2 minutes
- Cooking Time- 20 minutes
- Total Time- 22 minutes
- Semolina [Suji] (½ cup)
- Sugar (4 tbsp)
- Milk (1½ cups)
- Clarified Butter [Ghee] (1 tbsp)
- Green Cardamom [Elaichi] (2 pinch)/finely crushed
- Mixture of Cashew, Almond, Pistachios (1 tbsp)/to garnish
- Raisin /for garnishing
- Heat the pan on a medium heat. When it gets hot add Ghee [clarified butter].
- Wait for the ghee to melt. When it melts add Suji [semolina] and mix very well.
- Roast the suji till it becomes golden brown on a low heat and stir it very frequently.
- When the suji turns golden brown and gets a glossy texture and does not stick together that means it is fried enough.
- Now add chopped dry fruits and fry them for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile take another pan and boil 1½ cups of milk. When it gets hot add sugar and stir very well. Cook it on a low flame.
- Now its time to add the milk mixture and crushed cardamon into the suji. While adding the mixture keep stirring the suji mixture for avoiding forming lumps in the halwa.
- Let the mixture boil on simmer and gets a creamy consistency.
- Keep stirring your halwa continuously otherwise it may get burnt from the bottom.
- Cook the mixture until it becomes thick and begins to come away from the edges.
- Turn off the heat, put it on a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped dry fruits and raisin.
- Now your halwa is ready to serve.
- Do not cook your Halwa on a very high flame, it will burn your dish.
- If any lumps form make sure to break them with the back of the stirring spatula.