Stir Fried Eggplant with Onion is a spicy dry curry which goes very well with Indian Chapati or rice. Its a very simple yet delicious recipe one can make.
Image : Stir Fried Eggplant with Onion
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve For : 3-4
- Eggplant (2 medium size) /cubed
- Onion (2 medium size) /sliced
- Green Chilli (2) /chopped
- Nigella Seeds or Kala Jeera (1 pinch)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Dried Mango Powder or Amchur Powder (1 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves (3-4 tbsp) /chopped
- Mustard Oil (2 tbsp)
- Wash and cut the eggplants into cubes and cut the onions into slices.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add nigella seeds and chopped green chillis into hot oil.
- When they starts to splutter, add sliced onions and fry for a while.
- After the onions starts caramelizing, add the cubed eggplants into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Mix them very well and cook for another 5 minutes on medium flame.
- When the eggplants are cooked evenly and become soft, add sugar, chopped coriander powder and amchur powder, give a good stir and switch off the flame.
- Your super easy dish is ready to serve.
Add nigella seeds and chopped green chillis into hot oil
Add sliced onion and caramelized them
Add eggplant cubes
Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder
Add chopped coriander leaves
Add amchur powder
- Try to use small eggplants for this dish.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or rice.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .