Here we have a special recipe of Sattu ke Laddu for Kajari Teej or Badi Teej which is delicious, healthy and very easy to make. These laddus are made with Roasted Chana Dal sattu, which you can buy from any Indian grocery store or you can make the sattu at home. The same recipe can be used to make Sattu ka Barfi or Rajasthani Sattu for the Teej festival.
Image : Sattu ke Laddu
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Making Time : 25 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
- Makes : 10 laddus
To make sattu –
- Roasted Bengal Gram or Roasted Chana Dal (1 cup)
To make Laddu –
- Roasted Chana Dal Sattu (1 cup)
- Powdered Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Ghee or Clarified Butter (1/2 cup) /melted
- Cardamom Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped Cashew Nuts (1 tbsp)
- Chopped Almonds (1 tbsp)
- To make sattu, dry roast Channa dal for about 5-7 minutes on medium to low heat. Stir them occasionally.
- When it turns light golden brown color and starts leaving a nice aroma, switch off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- After the roasted chana dal is cooled, grind it in a mixture to a fine powder. Your sattu is ready.
- Now sieve the sattu powder and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix them very well.
- Add cardamom powder and mix it again.
- Once mixed well, add warm ghee (1 tbsp at a time) and mix well by rubbing your finger.
- Keep adding ghee and rubbing the mixture. When the mixture become like crumble, add the chopped dry fruits. Again mix and keep kneading the dough by adding little amount of ghee at a time.
- Avoid adding too much ghee at once. It’s the key to getting perfect consistency of laddu or sattu.
- When you feel the mixture is separating easily without breaking into crumbles, it’s the sign that your mixture is ready.
- Now grease your palm with ghee. By taking small portions of the mixture, shape the laddus one by one.
- Let them rest for 1 hr and they are ready to consume.
Dry roast chana dal
Let them cool down completely
Make fine powder
Chop dry fruits
Sieve the sattu
Sieve powdered sugar
Place them in a large bowl
Mix them very well
Add cardamom powder
We still have to knead the mixture
Now add chopped dry fruits and knead again
Mixture is ready
Take a small portion
Shape the Laddu
All the laddus are ready to serve
- Adding warm ghee is very important to get good consistency of laddu.
- You can store the Laddu in an air tight container up to 1 month.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .