Here is one more off bit non vegetarian dish, Fish Egg Bhurji. Various fresh water fishes such as Ruhi, Katla , Hilsa have eggs, but seasonal , and we can make some really yummy dishes with them.
Image : Fish Egg Bhurji
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve for : 4
- Fish Egg (200 g)
- Onion (1 big size) /sliced
- Tomato (1 small size) /chopped
- Green Chilli (1) /chopped
- Tamarind Paste (2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- vegetable Oil or Mustard Oil (2 tbsp)
- At first, wash the egg with cold water, there will be a thin skin hanging over the egg. Clean them very carefully as they are very soft and tender .
- After washing them, take a bowl and mash the egg by using your hand. Marinate the paste with turmeric powder and salt. Put them aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- When the oil is heated, add sliced onion and saute them for a while.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and chopped green chilli. Fry them on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix all the ingredients well and fry them for 4-5 minutes until they cooked properly.
- When all the ingredients are done, add the mashed fish egg paste and stir immediately with the gravy.
- Now add tamarind paste and sugar , mix them very well and cook for 5 minutes by stirring constantly on medium to high flame.
- When the eggs are separated , your dish is ready.
Add sliced onion
Add chopped tomatoes
Add chopped green chilli
Add turmeric powder
Add red chilli powder
Add marinated fish egg paste
Stir them immediately and constantly
Add tamarind paste
- Serve as a side dish with rice or can be served with cocktail .