Puti Macher Chorchori is the traditional dish of Bengal. In this recipe chuno puti or small fishes are cooked in different types of seasonal vegetables and it tastes really good. To clean the small fishes is a bit tiring job, but when you complete the dish, you will never regret for your given effort. To make this dish, you can use any type of small fishes, such as, kachki, mourola, chuno mach etc.
Image : Chuno Puti Chorchori
- Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : 60 minutes
- Serve For : 4
- Cuno Puti (150 gm)
- Nigella Seeds (a pinch)
- Whole Green Chilli (2)
- Garlic (1 tbsp) /grated
- Radish (1 medium size)
- Potato (1 big size)
- Carrot (1 medium size)
- Onion (2 medium size)
- Turnip or Shalgam (1 )
- Salt (to taste)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander Leaves (2 tbsp) /chopped
- Mustard Oil (4 tbsp)
- First clean the fishes very well and marinate them with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, then fry the fishes until they become deep brown and crispy. When they done, keep aside.
- In the same oil, add nigella seeds and whole green chilli.
- When they started to splutter, add grated garlic and stir them immediately.
- Then add potato, carrot, radish and turnip pieces into the pan and stir them well.
- Cook the vegetables on low to medium heat for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, add salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder, mix with the vegetables very well.
- Now cover the pan with a lead and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- After that take off the lead, add sliced onion and fry them with rest of the vegetables for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Sprinkle some water to prevent the veggies from sticking to the bottom of the pan and again cover he pan with a lead and slow cook the vegetables for 10 minutes. If you feel the need, occasionally sprinkle some water.
- When all the veggies are soften and tender, add sugar and the fried fishes and mix with all the ingredients gently.
- Lastly, sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Deep fry the fishes until they become deep brown and crispy
Keep them aside
In oil, add nigella seeds and green chilli
Add grated garlic
Add potato, radish, carrot and turnip pieces
Add turmeric powder
Add cumin powder
Add red chilli powder
Add the fried fishes
Mix everything well
Add coriander leaves
- Serve with plain rice and daal.
To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Also follow us on Youtube .