Here is a simple yet delicious recipe, Egg Omelette Curry, very easy and quickly made. When I have to make something in a short span of time for lunch or dinner, this is the one which I usually make. It’s a quite different recipe with egg and tastes really good.
Image : Egg Omelette Curry Bengali Style
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve for : 2 – 3
- Egg (3)
- Onion (2 medium size) /chopped
- Tomato (1 medium size) /chopped
- Potato (1 medium size) /diced
- Garlic (1 tbsp) /grated
- Green Chilli (2) /chopped
- Cumin (1/2 tsp) /for tempering
- Cumin Powder (1 tsp)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/8 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Vegetable Oil ( 2 tbsp)
To make Omelette
- Break one egg into a bowl and beat finely . Add some salt, chopped onion and chopped green chilli and whisk again.
- Now take a flat pan and heat a little oil. When heated, put the egg mixture and spread it evenly in a round shape.
- When the omelette is half done, roll it from one side and then another side.
- Flip it and cook the other side on a low flame.
- Likewise, make another two omelettes.
- When all three are done, put them into a plate, cut into three pieces and set them aside.
To make the Gravy
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Then add the potato cubes and fry them for few minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, stir well.
- Meanwhile, add salt and turmeric powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then put the grated garlic and cook until the raw smell of garlic has gone.
- Then add cumin powder and kashmiri red chilli powder, and cook them until all the spices cooked properly.
- After that, add the chopped tomatoes and cook them for 5 minutes on a medium to high flame.
- When everything has cooked evenly and leaving oil from the edges , add 3 cups of water.
- Cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- When almost done, add sugar and the Omelette pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly add Garam Masala Powder and put off the flame.
Beat the egg – Add salt, chopped onion and chilli – spread in a flat pan
When half-cooked, roll from one side – Then another side – flip and cook the other side
When done place into a plate and cut into pieces
Add cumin seeds into heated oil – Add potato – add chopped onion
Add salt – Add turmeric powder – Add cumin powder
Add Garlic – Add Kasmiri red chilli powder – Add chopped tomatoes
Add 3 cups water – Add sugar – when the gravy becomes thick , add omelette pieces – lastly add Garam masala powder
- Do not cook the omelette for long time in the gravy, or they will become mushy.
- Serve your dish with hot steamy rice or roti.