I always love to cook delicious Indian traditional dishes with simple, easy to available ingredients, without compromising with the taste. When I don’t have much vegetables in my kitchen, I usually make this yummy Egg do Pyaza, and believe me it only needs a few ingredients and a few minutes to cook.
Image : Egg Do Pyaza
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve for : 2
- Egg (3) /boiled
- Onion (2 medium size ) /finely chopped
- Onion (1 medium size) /sliced
- Garlic (1 tbsp) /grated
- Ginger Paste (1 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garam masala Powder (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Turmeric Powder ( 1 tsp)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard Oil (4 tbsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Chopped Coriander /for garnishing
- To boil the egg, take a heavy bottom saucepan or pressure cooker without lead and fill it half with water. Put the pan over high flame and dip the eggs into water. Add a pinch of salt into the water. Boil for 10 minutes on a high flame. When done, peel the skin of the egg gently.
- Marinate the boiled eggs with salt and turmeric powder.
- In a pan put 3 tbsp of mustard oil. When the oil is heated slightly saute the boiled eggs into the oil and put them aside.
- Now in the same oil, add chopped onion and fry for a while on a medium heat.
- Then add grated garlic and ginger paste and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder into the gravy and mix well.
- After all the spices are cooked, put the fried eggs into the gravy.
- Add sliced onion and give a stir.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tsp of mustard oil and cook on low flame.
- While the gravy is becoming dry, add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the gravy leaves oil.
- When its done, add garam masala powder and sugar. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Your egg do plaza is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped Coriander.
Marinate eggs with salt and turmeric
Saute them and keep aside
Add chopped onion into the oil
Add garlic and ginger paste
Add turmeric powder
Add cumin powder
Add red chilli powder
Add the fried eggs
Add sliced onion
Add mustard oil
Add garam masala powder
- Serve with steamed rice, roti or paratha.
Recipe Video Tutorial :