We all are very familiar with the dish Chingri Macher Malai Curry, but I thought of trying something different with the same idea. My hubby madly loves Prawns, so it is obvious that I have to make different types of dishes with this delicious sea food. Prawns are counted in the category of fish in bengal, and like all other fish lover Bengalis, I also try and taste a variety of dishes made with prawns. Today I made this rich Prawn Curry with White Coconut Gravy, which is another version of the famous Bengali dish Chingri Malai Curry, with a few ingredients and a twist of taste.
Image : Prawn Curry With White Coconut Gravy
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serve for : 2
- Prawn ( 8)
- Coconut Milk (1/2 cup)
- Freshly Grated Coconut (1/2 cup)
- Onion ( 1 big size) /paste
- Cashew Paste ( 1 tbsp)
- Butter ( 1 tbsp)
- Cardamom ( 2 )
- Cinnamon ( 2”)
- Cloves ( 3)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable Oil (2 tsp)
- At first, you have to clean the prawns properly. Wash them with cold water and marinate with salt.
- Now put oil into a pan, when heated, add the prawns and saute them on a low flame until they become deep orange color.
- Take them out from the pan and put them aside.
- Add Whole Garam Masala i.e. cardamom, cinnamon and cloves into the same oil and slightly fry them. When they leaving aroma take them off from the oil and clean the oil.
- Its time to add the onion paste and fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add salt and Cashew paste into the pan and saute them for a while.
- Now add the Coconut milk and stir very well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- When the gravy becomes thicker, add the prawns and grated coconut and cook for another 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Lastly when the gravy is done add butter, stir everything well and put off the flame.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
Saute the prawns into oil for a while
When done, put them aside
Add Garam masala into oil
Take out the garam masala and clean the oil
Add onion paste into oil and fry them
Then add salt
Add Cashew paste
Add coconut milk
Add fried prawns
Add grated coconut
- Do not over fry the prawns, or they will become hard.
- Serve your dish with hot steamy rice.