Kesari Kheer or Kesar Payesh is a creamy Indian rice pudding cooked with rice and milk and is flavoured with cardamom and kesar. Lots of dry fruits are added to make it rich and delicious. This kheer is very easy to make and is a part of most celebrations in India. In every Indian kitchen, this kheer is made during festivals like pujas and different domestic functions. It’s also a very famous sweet delicacy of Bengal. It’s a very tasty,simple to make & flavourful Indian dessert and best for the beginners. So here is a delicious Kesari Kheer recipe for you. For more Indian Dessert Recipes, search here .
Image : Kesari Kheer
- Preparation Time : 5 minutes
- Cooking Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : 45 minutes
- Serve For : 4
- Gobindobhog Rice (1/2 cup)
- Milk (1/2 ltr)
- Saffron or Kesar Strand (1 generous pinch)
- Sugar (6-8 tbsp)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (1/4 cup)
- Crushed Cardamom (1/4 tsp)
- Almond , Pistachios , Cashew and Raisins (3 tbsp)
Take almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios and raisins
Soak rice and saffron strands for 1 hour
Add kesar soaked in milk
Add condensed milk and stir well
Add cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios and raisins
Add crushed cardamom
Your kesari kheer is ready to serve
- Always add the sugar in the end.
- Allow it to cool, refrigerate and serve chilled.
- This kheer would thicken as it cools down.
- Keep stirring the kheer in between to prevent it from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- You can also use basmati rice or jeera rice instead of gobindobhog.