Egg poach is commonly known as a healthy breakfast item, but today I am cooking this with a touch of Indian spices and making a delicious side dish which you can have with roti or paratha. It’s also a very quick to cook recipe and to make this you need to have a few ingredients and few minutes. I tried to mix up the authentic English breakfast with some traditional Indian spices, hope you all will like it.
Image : Egg Poach in Gravy
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 25 minutes
- Total Time : 35 minutes
- Serve For : 1-2
- Egg (1)
- Cumin seeds (1/8 tsp) /for tempering
- Onion (2 tbsp) /paste
- Tomato Puree (4 tbsp)
- Coriander Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/8 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- To make the gravy, first you have to combine all the spices together. Take coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt into a bowl and mix them with some water. stir with a spoon and make a paste.
- In a pan, heat oil. When the oil is heated add cumin seeds and wait for them to splutter.
- Now add the spice mixture into the oil and stir immediately. Cook the spices for 2-3 minutes on a low flame. The water will prevent the spices from getting burnt.
- Then add onion paste into the mixture.
- After stirring, add tomato puree and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Gradually the gravy will become dry, then add water and sugar, and cook for few minutes.
- When the gravy cooked properly, break the egg into a bowl and put it gently into the gravy. Don’t stir and leave for 10 minutes on low heat.
- After 10 minutes put off the flame and cover the pan with a lead for 2 minutes.
- Your Egg Poach in Gravy is ready. Squeeze lime over it and serve with roti.
Add all the spices into a bowl
Add water and make a paste
Add cumin seed into hot oil, then add the spices mixture and stir immediately
Add onion paste
Add tomato paste
After 5 minutes, add water
Break the egg into a bowl
Put the egg gently into the gravy
Cook for 10 minutes without stirring
- Dont stir the egg into the gravy.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.