Aloo Gobi Matar Curry is traditionally a North Indian sabji recipe, but it can be cooked in so many ways. It’s a dry curry based on onion paste and few basic spices. The main three ingredients use to make this dish are aloo, gobi and matar, which are everyone’s favourite. This vegetarian dish is an awesome combination as subji for both roti and rice. So cook this simple yet delicious dish and enjoy with your family. For more vegetarian recipes, search here .
Image : Aloo Gobi Matar Dry Curry
- Preparation Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
- Serve For : 4
- Aloo or Potato (2 medium size or 1 large size) /cubed
- Cauliflower or Gobi (1 small size) /separated into small florets
- Matar or Green Peas (1 cup)
- Onion Paste (2 tbsp)
- Cumin Seeds (1 pinch)
- Whole Green Chilli (1)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Ghee or Clarified Butter (1/2 tsp)
- Vegetable Oil (2 tbsp)
- Water (1 cup)
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly and cut cauliflower into bite size florets. Also dice the potatoes in similar size. Here I am using fresh green peas, but you can also use the frozen ones.
- Boil the cauliflower florets in salted water for 2 minutes and then soak them in the same water for 10 minutes. After that, drain water and dry them for a while.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Saute the semi boiled cauliflowers slightly and keep them aside.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds and green chilli, and wait for them to splutter.
- Add potato cubes. Cook them for 2-3 minutes, then add green peas.
- After mixing the vegetables, add onion paste and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and cook for a while.
- Its time to add the cauliflowers into the pan. Stir the vegetables well.
- Add 1 cup of water into the pan. Cover the lead and cook for 10 minutes or till the vegetables become soft.
- After that take off the lead and add sugar and ghee. Cook for another 3-5 minutes and serve hot.
Saute the semi boiled cauliflowers slightly
Keep them aside
Add cumin seeds and green chilli in the same oil
Add potato cubes and fry for 2 minutes
Add green peas
Add onion paste and cook for 5 minutes
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt
Add sautéed cauliflower pieces
Mix them well
Add 1 cup water. cover with a lead and cook for 10 minutes
- You can add tomato puree if you want to make gravy.
- The other way to make this curry in hurry – make it in pressure cooker. After step 8, add water and cover the pressure cooker and cook till vegetables are done or about 2 whistles on medium heat.
- Serve with roti, paratha or rice.