Prawns Curry is one the regular dish we make whenever we get prawns. My hubby madly loves Prawns, so it is obvious that I have to make different types of dishes with this delicious sea food. Prawns are counted in the category of fish in bengal, and like all other fish lover Bengalis, I also try and taste a variety of dishes made with prawns. This delicious prawn curry tastes so yummy and so easy to make.
Image : Prawn Curry
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 minutes
- Total time : 45 minutes
- Serve For : 3-4
- Prawn (400 gm) /medium size
- Potato (1 big) /cut into cubes
- Onion (1 big) /finely chopped
- Garlic (2-3 cloves) /crushed
- Cardamom (3-4) /crushed
- Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Clarified Butter or Ghee (1/2 tsp)
- Garam Masala Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Vegetable Oil (3-4 tbsp)
- Water (1 cup)
- Clean, de-vein and wash prawns thoroughly under running water. Marinate them with some salt and turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is heated, fry the prawns until light golden brown. Drain oil and keep them aside.
- In the same oil, add crushed garlic and cardamom.
- While they release aroma, add cubed potatoes into the pan and fry them for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Then add chopped onion into the pan. Fry until they become caramelized.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cumin powder into the mixture. Mix and fry the spices very well, at least for 5-7 minutes.
- When the mixture is fried enough, add water and cook for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Then add the fried prawns into the gravy. Add sugar and clarified butter. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Lastly add garam masala powder, give a stir and switch off the flame.
- Your prawn curry is ready to serve.
Marinate prawns with salt and turmeric powder
Fry them until golden brown
Keep them aside
Add crushed garlic and cardamom into the same oil
Add potato cubes
Add chopped onion
Add all the spices and salt
Add fried prawns
Add clarified butter
Add garam masala powder
Prawn curry is ready to serve
- Dont over do the prawns while frying.
- Serve with steamed rice.