Chosir Payesh or Chosi Kheer is one of the most popular dessert of West Bengal. We usually make this payesh in the time of Sankranti or during the winters. This Chosi are generally made with semolina and coconut, and later boiled in milk. This holi you can also try this delicious and pure Indian dessert at your home to impress your family and friends. For more Indian dessert Recipes, search here .
Image : Chosir Payesh
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
- Serve For : 2-3
- Chosi (1/2 cup, small one)
- Milk (800 ml)
- Clarified Butter or Ghee (1 tsp)
- Sugar (6 tbsp or to taste)
- Crushed Cardamom (1/4 tsp)
- Cashew Nus and Raisins (2 tbsp)
Take 1/2 cup of small chosi
Add 1 tsp of ghee in a pan
Saute the chosi until light golden in colour
Add sauted chosi
Cook for 15-20 minutes
Add cashew nuts and raisins
Add crushed cardamom
- Always add the sugar in the end.
- This kheer would thicken as it cools down.
- Keep stirring the kheer in between to prevent it from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.