Achaari Chicken is an easy recipe, with full of flavour. Cooked with mustard seeds and has a mouth-watering tangy and spicy flavour like pickle. You can even store this for 4 – 5 days in refrigerator.
Image : Achaari Chicken
- Preparation Time : 15 minutes
- Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 35 minutes
- Serve For : 2
- Chicken (400 gms) /cut into small pieces
- Onion (2 medium size) /finely chopped
- Green Coriander Paste (1 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Mustard Oil (4 tbsp)
- Green Chilli Paste (1 tsp)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Whole Dried Red Chilli (1)
- Tamarind Paste (1 tsp)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1 tsp)
- Black Pepper Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Clean the chicken pieces with cold water and marinate them with Salt, Lemon juice, Coriander paste and Green Chilli Paste, leave for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes heat Mustard Oil in a pan. When the oil is heated, put the marinated chicken pieces one by one and fry them for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- When done, take them out from the pan and set them aside.
- Now in the same oil, add Mustard seeds and whole Red Chilli, and wait for them to splutter.
- Then add chopped Onion and saute them for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste, Salt and Turmeric powder and mix with the onion.
- After 2 minutes, when the raw smell of garlic is gone, add Red chilli Powder, Cumin Powder, Black Pepper powder and Tamarind Paste, mix all the ingredients very well.
- Its time to add the Fried Chicken and coat them well with the masalas.
- Fry them for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Once it leaves oil, add sugar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- When the chicken becomes tender, your dish is ready to serve.
Marinate Chicken with Coriander Paste, Green Chilli Paste, Lemon Juice and Salt for 15 minutes
Fry the Chicken Pieces
When done put them aside
Add Mustard seeds and Whole Red Chilli in the same oil
Add chopped Onion
Add Ginger Garlic Paste, Salt and Turmeric powder
Add Red chilli Powder, Cumin Powder, Black Pepper powder and Tamarind Paste
Add the fried Chicken pieces
- Do not add sugar before the chicken become tender, or it will take more time to cook.
- Serve your dish with Naan, Roti or Hot steamed Rice.