Its scorching hot outside, and nothing could be better than this Mango lassi to beat the heat of summer. Mango lassi is a traditional South Asian non-alcoholic beverage. In fact it is one of the most popular beverages in Northern India. It’s a cross between smoothie and milkshake and perfect for a hot summer day. This drink tastes heavenly yet simple and easy to make. Its no doubt a delicious treat to every mango lovers. So enjoy the summer.
Image : Mango lassi
- Preparation Time : 5 minutes
- Making Time : 2 minutes
- Total Time : 7 minutes
- Serve : 1 Glass
- Mango (1 ) /peeled and cut into pieces
- Curd or Low Fat Yogurt (4 tbsp)
- Sugar (2 tbsp or as per your taste)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Cashew Nuts (for garnishing) /chopped
- Ice Cubes [Optional]
- Take a big mango, peel it and chop into cubes. About 1 cup of mangoes.
- Add the mango cubes into a blender, and then add curd, sugar, salt and ice cubes [if needed].
- Bend it for 1 minute or until the ice cubes are crushed and the drink is frothy.
- Serve the drink in tall glasses with additional ice, if desired.
- Garnish with some chopped cashew nuts.
Add mangoes into blender
Add sugar and salt
Blend until smooth
- The Mango Lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Instead of sugar you can add honey or you can skip adding sugar if the mango is too sweet.
- Serve chilled.