Sandwiches are always considered as the best evening snacks for your family and kids, and kids always demands for different stuffings and variety. Onion Cheese Sandwich is one of the easiest one to make and it will definitely satisfy your taste buds.
Image : Grilled Onion Cheese Sandwich
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Total Time : 20 minutes
- Serve for : 2
- Bread (4 pieces)
- Onion (1 cup) /sliced
- Grated Cheese (4 tbsp)
- Chilli Sauce (1 tbsp)
- Red Chilli Garlic Sauce (1 tbsp)
- Vegetable Oil (1 tbsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/8 tsp)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- To start, heat a pan and put one tbsp of oil. When the oil is heated add sliced Onions and saute them for a while.
- Add Salt and Red Chilli Powder , stir them and fry till the onion becomes soft and light golden.
- Then add sugar and stir for another minute and your stuffing is ready.
- Then take one bread slice and spread Green chilli Sauce in one and Red Chilli Garlic Sauce in another by a spatula.
- When bread slices are done put grated cheese in one slice and spread them.
- Now put Fried Onion stuffing and also spread them evenly.
- After that put another layer of grated cheese and spread evenly on the bread slice.
- When your stuffing is ready cover them with other bread slice.
- Now grease your sandwich griller with a little bit of vegetable oil and put the sandwiches on it and close tightly.
- When your grilled sandwiches are ready take them out from the griller and cut them by the middle.
- Your Grilled Onion Cheese Sandwich is ready to serve.
First add sliced onion in the heated oil
Add salt, red chilli powder and stir
Apply Green Chilli Sauce on Bread slice
Apply Red Chilli Garlic Sauce on another
Spread grated cheese
Then apply caramelised onion
Apply another layer of grated cheese
Cover with another bread slice
Greece the sandwich grill and put the sandwiches over it
Close it and wait for them to cook
Your Grilled Onion Cheese Sandwich is ready to serve
- Do not slice the onion too thin or they will get melt easily while cooking and become mushy.
- You can also use tomato ketchup instead of Red Chilli Garlic Sauce.
- If you don’t have griller you can make them on tawa also.
- Serve these crispy sandwiches hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.