Indian tomato chutney preparation is a spicy condiment made of raw tomatoes mixed with spices and sugar. It has a special tangy, sweet, spicy taste that can be used to compliment a number of foods as well as adding flair to any recipe .
Image : Tomato Chutney – Indian Tomato Dip Recipe
- Serve For- 4
- Preparation Time- 2 minutes
- Cooking Time- 15 minutes
- Total Time- 17 minutes
- Tomato (500 gms)/cut into dice
- Mustered Oil (6-8 tsp)
- Whole Dried Red Chilli (1)
- Ginger (¼ tsp)/finely choppe
- Fenugree Seeds or Methi (¼ tsp)
- Fennel (¼ tsp)
- Black Cumin or kalonji (¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds (¼ tsp)
- Celery or Ajmud (¼ tsp)
- Sugar (6 – 8 tbsp)
- Salt (½ tsp
- Tamarind Pulp (½ tsp)
- This is a very good side dish for stuffed parathas, different types of Rice ans Sandwiches.
- It can also work as digestive after heavy meal.
- You can preserve this for 5 to 7 days.
- You can also try Mustered seeds for tempering instead of panch pforon.
- If you want more spicy chutney then you can add sliced Green Chillis.
- Do not cut the tomatoes into small slices. otherwise it will take time to get melt.