Lau Chingri or Bottle Ground Curry with Prawns is a very famous and delicious traditional Bengali dish. This recipe is the combination of sweet bottle ground or lau and flavour full Chingri or shrimps. When these two ingredients combines together, it is enjoyable any way you eat. It’s a semi gravy dish and mostly served with steamed rice.
Image : Lau Chingri
- Preparation Time : 10 minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 40 minutes
- Serve For : 3-4
- Bottle Ground or Lau (1 small size) /finely chopped
- Shrimps or Chingri (150 gm)
- Celery Seeds or Radhuni (1/8 tsp) /for tempering
- Salt (to taste)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Whole Green Chilli (1)
- Sugar (1/4 tsp)
- Vegetable Oil (3 tbsp)
Saute the shrimps into the oil and set aside
In the same oil, add celery seeds
Add chopped bottle ground
Cover the pan with a lead and cook for 5-10 minutes
Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and green chilli
Add fried shrimps
- You can also use cumin seeds instead of celery seeds for tempering.
- Make sure the bottle grounds are cooked properly.
- Serve with steamed rice.